1. Energy Infrastructure Management & Operation
The Energy Management Services transfer the responsibility of a site’s energy infrastructure management to KarmSolar. This service is highly tailored to meet the client’s specific needs.
- Rehabilitation & Upgrading of existing energy infrastructures such as diesel generator systems, generator rooms, pumps, pump cabling, pump control panels and internal distribution grids etc. to ensure seamless operation.
- Design and Installation of Remote Control & Monitoring systems
- Communication infrastructure for monitoring and control using KarmSolar’s proprietary off-grid communication system that enables remote monitoring of off-grid locations
- Identification and implementation of a sensor infrastructure servicing diesel generators, solar plants, water treatment systems and pumping systems.
- Operations & Maintenance of water requirements, pumps and solar farms, automation, managing maintenance contracts for the suppliers of generators and the training of on-site staff to perform these functions if required.
- Long-term energy savings in comparison to diesel generator-run pumping
- Minimal O&M requirements
- Life-cycle support including performance checks and maintenance training
- Zero CO2 emissions (100% solar powered)
2. Solar Management Interface
The Solar Management Interface is a web based solar management system for:
- Solar installation design, construction and operation
- Solar installation and remote monitoring of pumping system components
The SMI is highly scalable and can be extended to support a range of systems. Interfacing with targeted system operating data in addition to information received from third-party sensor networks allows the remote monitoring of solar energy powered applications, such as flow rate and insolation levels for solar water pumping.
- Proprietary Software
- Interfaces with third- party sensor networks
- Scalable to service multiple systems in one site
- Flexible; additional features developed to meet client specifications
- Programmed to target client specifications
- Monitoring; supporting Agricultural clients’ decision making process with relevant information and visuals concerning irrigation schedules and agricultural production planning
- Efficiency optimisation due to continued program enhancement
- Safety; the SMI executes corrective/preventative actions to ensure system component lifetime (e.g. pump motor temperature)
- Full training provided to user